Soul fuel
So I will talk about my opinion, about my maps of Islam, because nobody really knows the right Islam. Many people talk and think that they are right and have the right to express this. Nobody can talk "real Islam", everybody refers to their own maps or way of seeing.
I can say that every human being has a soul and a body and so does Islam. You can understand the direction of Mecca as the body and the soul as a part of God. This physical direction is there to unite all muslims. It is something that you can physically see in your life. You can travel to Mecca and visit the Kaaba. I visited that place in 2006, I made the Umrah, the small Hadjj. There you can feel that you are very close to God. But you can feel in any place in the world that you are close to God.
For me the prayer is expressing the relationship of man with God and that is for me the central aspect of Islam. And this central relationship takes time to become integrated into daily life. And to be honest, sometimes I pray with high spiritual powers and sometimes in a very casual manner five times a day, thinking about something else.

I think muslims have to keep this relationship with God, as we face many troubles, many problems and we need this as a source of energy. It is like a car that needs gazolene to keep running. And to maintain a spiritual relationship with God means to keep your health spiritually, physically and in your thinking. When I pray I don't have a particular image. When I concentrate properly, it is not an image, it is a feeling. I feel that I am in a hug, protected and blessed. Prayers are like stations in life to get back to your relationship with God. The Kaaba is the material direction for our bodies and the real direction is our relationship with God.
In the Book of Secrets it says that you are a magnet. So I think if everything you think, you do and relate to is positive you will attract all the good things in the universe. You will be rewarded by God because of your life style. So it is about what you do and not about mere relationships with this or that. So what I 'see' is my personal view.
Mekka in Berlin?
For me to define the direction of the Kaaba means to be very good in geography, so to understand where am I in relation to the Kaaba? When I lived in Syria we prayed towards the south, when I was in Algier we prayed towards the east. But even if you are not good with geography and cannot find the direction you can pray.
When I came to Berlin I find the morality of Islam in people here. And strangely enough you don't find it so much in Muslim countries. So I insist that the reality of Islam depends on what is inside, not outside. It's not useful for me to pray five times a day because it is the tradition, and at the same time I lie, I steel, I make many bad things. That's not Islam. So maybe in Berlin there are not that many mosques, we don't hear the Adan, I miss listening to the sound of it in Berlin. But you feel a special feeling when you are in a country and you feel safe, you know no one will rob you or treat you badly.
This morning I get dressed and I heard the screaming of a child on the road, which is a strange thing in Berlin. And I look from my window and there I saw a family. Father, mother, a small baby and the child that screamed held by the hand of his father. It was obvious that the child didn't want to go. But I notice that the face of the father was very relaxed. He opened the door of the car and put the child inside. But the child didn't want that and continued screaming. After quite a long time, the father took the child out of the car and let it sit on the grass nearby. Then the mother said "Tschüss!" and they moved the car. They stopped and looked back at their crying son but then he stopped and got in the car.
This simple occasion is not that simple in the Arab world. There is a certain aggressiveness from father and mother towards the children. We must restrain ourselves to be more calm and kind, more respectful. I trained myself for these kind of things when I was in Syria. Then in Algeria I saw another tradition or custom there. And when I came to Berlin I was very glad, because I see the thing I trained for, which I only saw rarely in Algeria or Syria. Maybe Berlin is far from the Kaaba and Mecca, maybe it is not in a muslim country, yet it has many good things and a good morality.

(Rawaa Alsamman)

نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي