منتديات فرسان الثقافة - Powered by vBulletin

banner
النتائج 1 إلى 2 من 2

Sambousek bil lahm - Meat Triangles

Welcome to our April issue of Body, Mind, and Soul. We've got some delicious recipes this month from The Mezze Cookbook.
    And although it's spring time and you're naturally enjoying warmer days, we've got some tips for you about how to stay warmer more naturally just by using your thinking and a sense of love!
    Maria
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mezze-Cookbook-Delicious-Appetizers-Lebanon/dp/1845379780

Sambousek bil lahm - Meat Triangles
    For the dough
    400 g (14 oz) plain flour
    85 g (3 oz) butter
    Pinch of salt
    150 ml (5 fl oz) water

For the filling
    2 Tbsp butter
    3 onions, peeled and chopped
    400 g (14 oz) minced lamb
    2 Tbsp pine nuts
    Pinch of salt, freshly ground black and white pepper

Start by making the dough. In a large bowl, sieve the flour and hollow the center. Add in the butter and salt and knead well. Add the water gradually and knead for 5 to 6 minutes until the dough is soft and springy. Cover the bowl with a damp cloth and leave to rest for at least 30 minutes.
    In the meantime prepare the filling. Heat the butter in the pan and fry the onions until almost tender. Mix in the lamb and pine nuts, and cook until tender and golden brown. Season with salt and black and white pepper, and set aside to cool.
    Roll out the dough on a lightly-floured surface to a 5 mm (1/4 in) thickness, then cut into 10 cm (4 in) circles. There should be 50 circles in total.
    Place one level tablespoon of filing in the centre of each circle and bring up the edges together at three points to form a triangle. Pinch the edges together to seal the pastries. Fry the meat triangles in hot vegetable oil for 20 minutes until golden brown.

Patatosalata me avga- Potato & Egg Salad
    3 medium potatoes
    6 eggs
    2 tomatoes. sliced
    1 onion, peeled and sliced
    2 Tbsp finely chopped parsley
    Small cucumber, sliced
    1 Tbsp dried oregano
    90 g (3 oz) black olives
    125 ml (4 fl oz) olive oil
    2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
    1/2 tsp salt
    Pinch of freshly ground black pepper

Boil the potatoes until tender, then peel them. Hard-boil the eggs, then remove the shell.

Cut the potatoes and eggs into slices and place in a salad bowl. Add the tomatoes, onion, parsley, cucumber, oregano and olives to the bowl and refrigerate for approximately 20 minutes, or until cold.

Place the olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix together, then drizzle over the salad.
    Batinjan mahchi bil khoudar - Aubergines stuffed with vegetables
    1 kg (2 lbs 3 oz) short, thin augergines
    200 ml (7 fl oz) water
    1 1/2 Tbsp tomato paste
    Pinch of salt

For the stuffing Bunch of parsley, finely chopped
    75 ml (2 1/2 fl oz) olive oil
    4 large tomatoes, cubed
    50 ml (1 3/4 fl oz) lemon juice
    150 g (5 1/2 oz) small-grain white rice
    2 small onions, peeled and chopped
    Pinch of salt and white pepper

Cut the tops off the aubergines and discard them. Carefully scoop out the flesh without breaking the skin, leaving a 5 mm (1/4 in) thickness of flesh all around. Be careful not to cut through the end. Rinse and drain.
    Prepare the stuffing by combining all the stuffing ingredients in a large bowl. Fill the aubergine hollows to three-quarters full wth the stuffing, leaving enough space at the top for the rice to expand. Sprinkle the top of the aubergines with salt.
    Arrange the aubergines horizontally in a large saucepan, cover with the water, then press with a slightly smaller saucepan lid that fits inside the saucepan. Then cover with the pan's lid and bring to the boil over a high heat. Reduce the heat and cook gently for approximately 45 minutes, until the aubergines are almost tender.
    Dissolve the tomato paste in 250 ml (9 fl oz) water and add to the saucepan. Bring to the boil again until the aubergines are tender. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool. Serve cold.
    Establishing A Sense of Love....And Staying Warmer!
    I'd like to ask you to stroll down memory lane a moment with me. Think back to the early days when you first started dating someone special. Do you remember establishing a sense of love? Oh, how in love you were! You couldn't get enough of one another's company. You were resistant to the cold because of your warming love.

Love is like that. Love circulating in our thinking makes the blood circulating throughout our bodies warm us. I'd like to talk about this kind of warming love and see if you can affect your health a bit for the good by keeping yourself warm when you circulate a sense of love.

First of all, I'd like you to recognize the truth about love and blood circulating by giving it a try. March is a great month to experiment because we still have some cool days. I'd like you to experiment by dressing differently. If you normally wear a heavy coat when you go out of doors, wear a lighter one. If you wear a lighter coat, wear a sweater. If you normally wear a sweater, go without one. I'd like you to feel more cool than warm.

Now, begin to think about something that you love as you talk a small walk. Think about your boyfriend or girlfriend. Think about some hobby that you are passionate about. Think about a wonderful meal you'll enjoy when you get home. Taste it. Smell it. Get that love flowing. Make a list in your mind of everything you can think of that you currently absolutely love.

Now, consider your sense of comfort after thinking all those loving thoughts. Are you just as comfortable with less clothing than you were when you wore a heavier coat? I submit that a sense of love flowing throughout your system will keep you feeling warmer.
    Have you ever seen children joyfully playing in the snow without jackets at all? Their love of play destroys a sense of cold.

If you can establish a sense of love about all the aspects of your life, you'll not only feel more positive-minded, but you'll feel warmer too. I realize that many women have a tendency to wear many layers and they take them off and on with regularity. You won't have to do this with a proper sense of love flowing and keeping your blood warm.

What are you most interested in? I am hoping you did not say "Nothing." We are in an environment where the opportunity for focusing our interest is so enormous it would literally be impossible to become bored.

I think that the movie "The Bucket List" is an excellent example of staying interested and keeping that warming love going. It's about two terminally ill men who escape from a cancer ward and head off on a road trip with a wish list of to-dos before they die. Well, what's on your Bucket List? I think it would be grand to create a list so long you'd never get to finish it all. But boy, would your interest be active, keeping a sense of love flowing, and your blood warmed up.

"It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade." ~ Charles Dickens

المسؤولة العامة في مطبخ محطة الـMBC
    ماريا خليفة

رد: Sambousek bil lahm - Meat Triangles

السلام عليكم
    شكرا لك اخت ماريا
    سوف اسجل وصفاتك
    تحيتي
    نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعينقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعينقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعينقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعينقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي

ضوابط المشاركة

• لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
  • لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
  • لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
  • لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك
  •