ذرات الرمال

بقلم: ابراهيم خليل ابراهيم

كنت مدعوا لحفل زفاف فى قريتى وكانت تجلس معى أبنتىالصغيرة .. يارا .. وفجأة قالت :
بابا..
مامعنى .. الأم مدرسة ؟
وهممت بالرد بين الطبل والزمر والزينة وأنشغال الحضور بالرقص والزغاريد والغناء إلا واحدة .. هى أم العروسة
.. نظرت إليها فوجدتها تهمس فى أذن أبنتها :
بعد قليل سوف نتركك مع عريسك .. ثم أخذت حفنة من الرمال الموجودة على الأرض وأطبقت عليها بيدها وكانت كلما أطبقت عليها تساقطت ذرات الرمال ..
وهنا قالت الأم لإبنتها :
عاملى زوجك برفق ولا تضغطى عليه حتى لا يهرب منك كما هربت من يدى زرات الرمال .
أستمعت ابنتى لهذا الكلام فنظرت .. وابتسمت

Grains of Sand
By Brahim Khalil Brahim
Translated By Abdellatif Rhesri

One day, I was invited to a wedding party in my village. My little daughter, Yara , was sitting beside me, when she said suddenly :
« What does ‘a mother is a school’ mean ? »
I was about to reply amid the drumming and flute-playing. The crowd were busy dancing and giving out trills of joy except one single woman ; the bride’s mother. I cast a glance at the latter and heard her whisper in her daughter’s ear : « Soon, we’ll go and leave you with your groom ». Then, she took a handful of sand scattered on the ground and covered it with both hands. As she was doing that, the grains of sand started to fall on the ground. At that point, the mother told her daughter : «Treat your husband gently. Don’t put pressure on him lest he forsakes you the way these grains of sand have escaped through my fingers. My daugher listened attentively to these words, then looked up at me with a smile on her lips

Morocco
11/7/2009