The Wall Theory
By : Khalil Halawji

Let's each one of us put a wall in his pocket before he goes in life
When we build for AL-Azamiyah *a wall that separates it from Baghdad the mother and when the Arab summit approved in census the Arab initiation for peace with Israel, it demolished the wall built by Arabs which separated the sight of Arabs form that of Zionists.
When the democrats refused to pay sums of money to President Bush in order to pursue his liberating wars in Iraq, they have destroyed the wall at the Americans between those who approves of Iraq occupation and those who believe in liberating Iraq. In the pocket of any politician there is an instant built and demolished wall and this goes without saying. However, we find these days that the infection has transferred from politicians to men of intellect and principles.
In each challenge witnessed by earth, conflicting parties barricade and each claims that he follows the truth path and fights wrong doing by goodness to fight evil.
What attracts the attention is that the overlapping views today between dispute parties made the natural ground which tells man to be with / a dispute party a futile ineffective ground.

When I contemplate the speech of our merciful apostle Mohamed ( PBUH ) when he tells us about a kind of us who would replace faith with infidelity within a time ceiling which is hours maximum so that the believer so that the believer becomes believer then he turns into a infidel and the believer become infidel and then turn to be a believer, therefore, I say that we have revered duty which is contemplating into the from faith so that we should not fall in the trop of both parties logos.
One of us must distinguish truth men by conforming their behaviour to their message. Wherever there is justice, there is god's face and justice according to Ibn El-Qiam statement.
We must turn to human depth and admit that we can now have multiple situations according to the polarity pf legitimate truth forms as it seeks god's face in its message. Therefore, truth has now more then a shadow and more than one extent of vision and some horizons which would be difficult for us to perceive through them that the world around us from richness to diversity deformity and mechanism disruption ( saying compared to work ) we no longer own one single only clear line to separate truth parties from wrong. One of us should put a wall in his pocket to place to place it after contemplating between both extremes of right and wrong. This wall has many benefits. The first of which is to distinguish charging situation from charging principles with those disparaging slogans of affiliation.
The second benefit is to mix "rationality" with "realism" considering that defeated ness was generated after swinging between translating concepts. If we realized that courage is the mean line between cowardice and rashness, we would know that defeated ness is alignment to one of the cowardice or rashness parties.
The third benefit is that we never engage in a battle whose outcome is not reckoned. There is no coincidence in loyalty and affiliation.
The fourth is that the wall would make us determine the procedures which we need in order to move from the point where we stand to the point we seek to reach. Fifthly, the wall would make me in a state of continual review of what I see after I watch my vision secretions on those whom I placed at the other extreme of my wall. Only prophets are pontificated from wrongdoing as for our own thoughts as humans, they follow the benefit feasibility perhaps the harm caused by our ideas for us more severe than the harm caused by whoever inhabits the other extreme of our wall.
Thus the wall does not make us mix between situations and visions.
This wall would make us wait when we place it and when we remove it so that we so not be unjust to ourselves or whoever we contradict sixthly, the wall makes alert to a new philosophical dimension which is " historical condition" to day we live in the post phase ( postmodernism post nationalism, post-rationalism, post capitalism, post Zionism, post liberation, post-revolution… etc ) when the English philosopher Francis Bacon draw our attention to the law of ( knowledge is power ) I see that knowing the effects of the historical condition ( pre and post ) is the right useful path for owning this knowledge power.
Seventhly, there are benefits of this wonderful wall among which is to be aware of the ruling ( no obligation) which is an Islamic view in which people are equal and level and it will emerge renewed concepts. The wall forces us to neutralize the race. No Arab is better than non- Arab, Indian or European except by righteousness. This wall will contribute in eliminating racism from the world. Secondly: the wall will separate violence concepts from non violence concepts and this wall prevents forcing and torturing man for his ideas. Therefore, the verse "there is no obligation in religion" forces us to include who contradicts my beliefs, principles and religions. Rather, it makes me committed to protect them and hence, we may place the wall to separate us from this who does not believe in the concept of no obligation ever if he seems to be Muslim like us.
Thus, my respectful gentlemen the wall theory will contribute to solving our problems. Hence, let's each one of us places a wall in his pocket before he goes on in life

* a suburb of Baghdad

نظرية الحائط

ليضع كلاً منا حائطا ً في جيبه قبل ان يمشي في الحياة
حين نبني للأعظمية سورا ً يفصلها عن الأم بغداد وحين اقرت القمة العربية وبالاجماع المبادرة العربية للسلام مع اسرائيل فانها قد هدمت الحائط الذي بناه العرب وقد فصل رؤية العرب عن رؤية الصهاينة
وحين يرفض الديمقراطيون دفع المبالغ للرئيس بوش ليواصل حروبه التحريرية في العراق فانهم قد هدموا الحائط عند الاميركيين مابين من يرى منهم احتلال العراق ومابين من يرى تحرير العراق .
وفي جيب أي سياسي هنالك حائط سريع البناء وسريع الهدم وهذه بديهة ، ولكن هذه الايام ترينا ان العدوى انتقلت من الساسة الى رجال الفكر والمبادىْ
ففي كل صراع تشهده الارض اليوم يتمترس طرفي النزاع وكلا ً يدعي انه على الحق المبين وانه يحارب الضلال ، مع الخير لمحاربة الشر .
مايلفت الانتباه ان تشابك الرؤى اليوم بين اطراف النزاع جعل القاعدة الطبيعية التي تقول للانسان ان يكون (مع \ أو ) احد طرفي النزاع جعلها قاعدة غير مجدية وغير فاعلة فاستبدل دهاقنة الحروب اليوم قاعدة جديدة ومخيفة تضطر احدنا ان يكون اما (مع أو ضد) احد طرفي النزاع .
عندما اتدبر كلام رسولنا الرحيم محمد صلى الله تعالى عليه وسلم وهو يخبرنا عن صنف ٍ منا سيستبدل عرى الايمان بعرى الكفر ضمن سقف زمني اقصاه اثنا عشر ساعة فيصبح المؤمن مؤمنا ً ويمسي كافرا ً ويصبح المؤمن كافرا ً ويمسي مؤمنا ً فاني اقول ان امامنا الآن مهمة جليلة هي تدبر فريقي الكفر عن الايمان لئلا نقع في فخ شعارات الطرفين .
على احدنا اليوم ان يتدبر رجال الحق بمطابقة سلوكهم مع دعواهم فحيثما كان العدل فثمة وجه الله وعدله حسب عبارة بن القيم
علينا ان نلتفت إلى الداخل الإنساني العميق، ونعترف أن بوسعنا الآن أن تتعدد مواقفنا مع تعدد صور الحق الشرعي وهو يبغي وجه الله في دعواه ، فللحق الآن أكثر من ظل، واكثر من مدى للرؤية، وله بضعة آفاق قد يتعسر علينا من خلالها أن ندرك أن العالم من حولنا من الغنى في التنوع وتشوه واضطراب آلية (القول بالقياس الى العمل)،
لم نعد نمتلك خطاً وحيداً مفرداَ وواضحا ً لنفصل طرفي الحق عن الباطل
على احدنا ان يضع حائطا ً في جيبه يضعه بعد اكماله التدبر بين نقيضي الحق والباطل ولهذا الحائط فوائد جمة اولها تمييز تغيير المواقف عن تغيير المبادىء عند رافعي شعارات الانتماء.
وثانيها مزج «العقلانية» مع «الواقعية» باعتبارأن «الانهزامية» تولدت بعد تأرجحنا بين ترجمة المفاهيم فلو ادركنا ان الشجاعة هي الحد الوسط مابين الجبن والتهور لادركنا ان الانهزامية هي الانحياز الى احد طرفي الجبن او التهور .
وثالثها ان لا ندخل في معركة لم يحسب لها حسابها وليس هناك صدفة في الولاء والانتماء .
ورابعها فالحائط يجعلنا نعين الإجراءات التي نحتاجها للانتقال من النقطة التي نحن فيها إلى النقطة التي نريد الوصول إليها
وخامسها ان الحائط يجعلني في حالة مراجعة متواصلة لما أراه بعد ان اشاهد افرازات رؤيتي على من وضعتهم في الطرف الآخر من حائطي فوحدهم الانبياء هم المعصومين عن الخطأ اما افكارنا نحن البشر فهي تتبع جدوى المنفعة فلربما كان ضرر افكارنا علينا اشد من ضرر من يسكن في الجهة الثانية من حائطنا
والحائط إذ ذاك يجعلنا لانخلط المواقف والرؤى

ان هذا الحائط يجعلنا نتريث عند وضعه والتريث عند رفعه فلا نظلم انفسنا ولا من نخالفه

وسادسها ان الحائط يجعلنا متيقظين الى بعد فلسفي جديد هو ( الشرط التاريخي ) فنحن اليوم نعيش مرحلة المابعديات ( مابعد الحداثة ، مابعد الوطنية ،مابعد العقلانية ،مابعد الرأسمالية ،مابعد الصهيونية ومابعد التحرر ومابعد الثورات ....الخ )وحين نبهنا الفيلسوف الإنكليزي فرنسيس بيكون الى قانون ( المعرفة قوة ) فاني ارى ان معرفة تأثيرات الشرط التاريخي ( ماقبل ومابعد )هو الصراط القويم المجدي لامتلاك تلك القوة المعرفية .
وسابع الفؤائد من هذا الحائط العجيب واهمها ان نتنبه الى قانون ال (لا إكراه ) وهي رؤية اسلامية يستوي الناس من خلالها ويتساوون وسينبثق عنها مفاهيم متجددة فالحائط يجبرني على تحييد العرق ، فلا فضل لعربي على اعجمي او هندي او اوربي الا بالتقوى وهذا الحائط سيساهم في زاول العنصرية من العالم وثانياً : فالحائط هذا سيفصل مفاهيم العنف عن مفاهيم اللاعنف والحائط هذا يمنع إكراه الانسان وتعذيبه من أجل معتقده ، والحائط يمنع قتل الانسان من أجل أفكاره ، فآية ( لا إكراه في الدين) تجبرني على احتواء من يخالفني في المعتقدات والمباديء والأديان بل تلزمني حمايتهم وهكذا فقد نضع الحائط ليفصلنا عمن لايؤمن بمفهوم اللاإكراه وان بدا انه مسلم مثلنا .
اذن سادتي الكرام نظرية الحائط
ستسهم في حل معضلاتنا

فليضع كلاً منا حائطا ً في جيبه قبل ان يمشي في الحياة

شكرا للأديبة والمترجمة إيمان حسيني للترجمة